Wednesday 4 May 2011

Just a Weekly Update, I Guess...

So...
This week is basically the last week of the semester for me, which in turn is the last week of my second year! Eek!

I'm frantically trying to finish all of my essays, so that I can enjoy the weekend and have all my work ready to hand in before their deadlines.

I'd like to say I was actually getting somewhere, but...

I'm finding it hard to find my self-motivation, and when I do seem to find myself ready to work and concentrating, I'm surrounded by distractions from just about everything.

I definitely can't seem to concentrate on anything GAMSAT related, at least not until my essays are out of the way.

Which is pretty soon, as all three of my deadlines are next week. Eeek.




Anyway, let's talk about good old Barry Scott...

He's been 'busy' over the last few days.
When I say busy, I don't actually mean busy.
I mean, I do more than him, and I'm a student!


I was sat there in the garden yesterday, working away, scribbling all my ideas down to peaceful birdsong, and I was actually feeling calm and serene. Until...
I heard my lovely next door neighbour (the wonderful Barry Scott) shouting at his TV.
Which is reasonably acceptable when it comes to some programmes.
Except... He was shouting at -


wait for it - 


Deal or No Deal
Yeah, honestly.


There he was bellowing pointless advice to the contestants of the show...
"Deal!" "No Deal!" "No! Not that box!" etc.
He must be very excitable.


Purely scintillating stuff!


So, calm was disrupted by Mr.Shouty and my concentration was once again ruined.
But I persevered.
I'm quite proud of myself for that.


Other than that, I've had a fairly uneventful week.

Bit of News In Brief for you here.
This morning, at half threeish, a pipe burst, in turn flooding the bathroom.
Which made me panic a bit... It was only flowing out for about a minute, two tops, and yet it managed to flood the entire bathroom, and seep down into the kitchen.
I swear it wasn't my fault! I didn't touch the pipe! Honestly!
All I can say is:
Thank God for Dyno rod!


I told you I don't lead a very interesting life.
In fact, I'm starting to think that I should rename this blog, to something Barry Scott related.
But I'm not going to.


Anyway, until next time...