Monday 25 April 2011

Sunshine!

Firstly, I've got to apologise for my last post! I realised when I woke up the next morning that it was a bit too 'Daily Mail-esque' - whoops! Purely accidental (and I don't have anything against Daily Mail readers!)

I'm still struggling about things to write! Actually, scrap that, I'm just going to ramble again.


I've been trying to revise a fair bit today, but the weather's been far too lovely for me to actually get anything of any real importance done!
I'm genuinely sad enough to have been trying to swot up on A-Level Biology, mainly DNA, and when it's sunny, it seems like none of it seems to go in! Not that I feel like any of it ever goes in, to be honest...
Although I've just about mastered that DNA stands for 'Deoxyribonucleic Acid' and that it's made of a phosphate, a sugar and a base. Yeah I've got that. I remembered it off the top of my head as well. Go me. It's going to be a long road to GAMSAT.

So then I turn to the work that I should be doing for my degree (I'm right near the end of my second year now, but I've still got 3/4 essays left to finish) and I can't even find the motivation to do that.
I know I should be putting my degree as my main priority, not science-y revision for the GAMSAT exam (which I probably won't be taking until at least September 2012!)
But it's quite hard to focus on my degree at the moment for some reason. 
It's like my attention on the work that goes along with it has been waning all the way through the Spring Semester. 
Ahh dear.
I just hope I can find the dedication and motivation to push myself through my third year!

I've got the summer to re-charge my batteries anyway, so that should help!

It's weird how motivated I was over last summer.
I really wanted to get my teeth stuck into my degree and do immensely well.
But I guess I've become a bit disillusioned with it over the course of my second year, mainly because a few lecturers have kind of given the impression that they're not really that bothered or that interested in teaching us anything! 


I'm not having a dig at my University, or any of my lecturers either, but we've had a few 'guest' lecturers in - Lecturers who aren't actually lecturers. 


They're directly from the media industry, and they're still working in the industry whilst teaching us. At times, it's seemed like they were only in it for the extra money, and also like they didn't have a clue what they were doing!
But they've been lovely, nonetheless. 

And to top it all off...
While I was trying to revise, my next door neighbour (officially the noisiest neighbour in the history of neighbours ever) kept on coming outside and setting up his deckchairs, which he took in about an hour later without even sitting on them (strange man)... 


We call him Barry Scott, mainly because he can't talk at a normal volume.
He has to shout.
He's constantly shouting down the phone to his so-called 'mates'.
If it weren't so sad, it'd probably be slightly amusing. 
So basically, nearly every single day of the year, when he's not passed out on the sofa in a puddle of his own urine, we're lucky enough to listen to his phone conversations, which always go a bit like this:

"Alright mate! Yes, mate! I know, mate! Yes, mate! I don't know which pub I'm going to yet, mate! I know, mate! Alright, mate! See you, mate!"

It's not like we listen by choice.
He 'talks' so loudly that we can hear it over our TV!

So, anyway, he always comes out into his back garden, when I'm out.
He knows I'm trying to work, and he knows that by playing Absolute Radio at full blast, whilst walking constantly between his living room and his garage, that he's definitely going to distract me.

I rose above it. Well done me. 
But it's not like I had any choice in the matter.
I can't exactly punch his lights out, can I?

I don't condone violence, but he needs a good kick in the balls.


He'd probably set his brother's staffy on me, if I did though.
This is the dog that he 'looks after' when his brother goes away, including the weekend just gone.
I swear he only has it to intimidate us. We can't even go in the back garden without it growling at us. 
Mind you, it's not the dog's fault (whose name is Patrick, I believe).
Yes, Patrick... 
The poor dog has a name like that, and then has to put up with the insufferable Barry Scott for days on end.
This is the guy who deliberately goes out, leaving the dog at home to whine and bark at Every. Single. Noise. That it hears. He also lets it wee and poo in his hall, right by the front door, so anyone can see it...

Poor thing.
(The dog that is, not Barry Scott...)